The UNT Student Computer Labs (SCL) are a distributed network of computer facilities across the UNT campus, serving the needs of UNT students and faculty. Each lab in the SCL network is operated and supported by one of UNT's Schools, Colleges, or Organizational Units.
In addition to meeting the general academic needs of all UNT students, each lab provides discipline-specific software and resources to fulfill the unique academic requirements of the students within the supporting School or College.
The Student Computer Labs provide innovative technologies and services that attract, inspire and support current and future UNT students as they pursue their academic and personal goals. The SCLs offer a wide range of services and resources that support innovation, creative cross-discipline endeavors, and academic development.
It is the mission of the Student Computer Labs to support the University’s mission and strategic plans by providing:
- open access to high quality, technologically-advanced environments in which students may pursue their academic endeavors
- state-of-the-art environments that support students in their personal and professional goals and assist them in preparing for the work force of the future
- technology that promotes the university's commitment to academics, research, community engagement, and creative activities
- professional and friendly customer service assistants who enhance the university's ability to attract and retain qualified students
- computer lab environments that support increased leadership in professional service and outreach activities that improve the quality of life in the North Texas area
- environments that nurture a spirit of community, unity, and pride throughout the university.